Home Contact Airfare Cruises Hotels Cars All Inclusive Deals of the Day Recommended Litmanova-Pilgrimage Spas Vacation Destinations Promotions Destination Weddings Book on line Favorite Destinations Holy Land Tour Price Match

 

Village Litmanova in Slovakia is at a distance of 11 kilometers from the town Stara Lubovna. This village inhabited by only a few hundred families is almost entirely Greek (Byzantine) Catholic. They are in full communion with the Pope in Rome and the Catholic Church. The Greek Catholics who live here are of Carpatho-Rusyn nationality and speak a language called Rusyn. They also speak and understand Slovak. Since the 5th August 1990 until the 6th August 1995 on the mountain Zvir, less than 4 kilometers from the village, Our Lady kept appearing to two young girls – Ivetka Korcakova and Katka Ceselkova. Ivetka (born 1978) was a visionary to whom Our Lady used to give her messages. Katka (born 1977) during the apparitions from April 1991 she played the role of a witness. From this date she could see Our Lady, but she was not able to hear her. Apparitions took place in a hay-barn, in a small room (2,8 x 4 m). Girls received visits and messages from the Blessed Mother on every first Sunday of the month, which falls after the first Friday. Before the apparition both girls prayed at first, then Holy Virgin usually came like from the fog and she would generally sit on a narrow wooden bench at the wall. During the apparition girls had fallen into the ecstasy. They paid no attention to the surroundings and with a gentle smile gazed at the apparition. During these apparitions the Virgin Mary encourages the youths to attend Church services. She asks them to offer sacrifices combined with prayers in reparation for their sins, the sins of Slovakia, and the sins of the world. Apparitions on the mountain were accompanied by thousands pilgrims. About 100 meters from the hay-barn Holy Virgin blessed a well and she recommended to drink from this spring. According to testimonies of many witnesses the whole row of miracle recoveries apparently occurred.

 
History of revelations
 

 

Highlights of the tour

 
Litmanova
 

Village Litmanova in Slovakia is at a distance of 11 kilometers from the town of Stara Lubovna.
Between 1990 and 1995, two young girls - Ivetka Korčáková (born 1978) and Katka Češelková (born 1977) - reported several apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of The Immaculate Purity on Zvir Mountain near Litmanová. During these religious events, the visionaries were accompanied by many priests, and now there is a Marian shrine at the place of the apparitions. Many people, make pilgrimages to this location to celebrate the Divine Liturgy and obtain water from a holy spring, which was blessed by Virgin Mary  and she recommended to drink from this spring. According to testimonies of many witnesses the whole row of miracle recoveries apparently occurred.

 
Pieniny
 

 Pieniny are a part of clipped area, that is situated in between of inner as well as outer Carpathian Mountains. They are characteristic with a very complicated geologic structure which was an important factor by the creation of an interesting relief of rocky walls, towers and thrust-outliers of various shape which together with Dunajec Canyon create extensive landscape dominants.
The most attractive for tourists is
rafting in 9 km long Dunajec Canyon from the Red Monastery to Lesnica. Very close to the National Park, there is a museum of Red Monastery, villages with well-preserved folk architecture and awith accommodation facilities.
 
Belianska Jaskyna
 

Belianska Cave (entrance at 885 m above the sea) is the only cave open to public in the High Tatras. It is situated under the eastern end of the Belianske Tatras, in the northern slope of Kobylí vrch (Kobylí Hill). A good starting point for visiting the cave is a settlement Tatranská kotlina (Tatranská Basin).
Myths that it was inhabited by prehistoric people are not documented. In the 18-th century it was visited mostly by treasury searchers who at the same time were the authors of its wall paintings. It was open to public in 1882. It was one of the first caves with electric lights in the world (1896). The internal area was enlarged through excursions that followed. The final length of the cave is 1752 m, from which 1001 m are open to public.

 
Levoca
 

Levoca, with a number of its historical monuments, is one of the most important towns in Slovakia historically. In the historical center, you will find more than 50 gothic, renaissance and early-baroque houses of nobles with arcade interior courtyards. The original town walls from the 14th and 15th century still remained preserved around the town center. The Town Hall was built in the gothic style in the 15th century, and it was rebuilt in the renaissance style at the beginning of the 17th century. The gothic St. James church is also the National Cultural Monument and the second tallest church built before 1400 in Slovakia.  The main altar is the tallest wood-carved late-gothic altar in the world. This creation of Master Ján Pavol from Levoča is protected as a National Cultural Monument.

 
Vysne Ruzbachy
 

The village is situated below the slopes of Spišská Magura mountains. It is known first of all by its spas with thermal healing natural springs. Thermal water belongs to the group of hydro-carbon-disulphate, calcareous-magnesian mineral waters. Nine springs produce together about 150 litres per second with temperature of 19–22 şC. Neurotic and mental illnesses are healed most often in the spa. Ružbachy are popular as a place for vacation, too. You can find there the biggest travertine lake in Slovakia-Kráter (Crater), 20 m in diameter and 3 m deep. In the village there is a baroque Roman-Catholic church from the second half of the 17th century with baroque interior, and a Biely dom (White House), which was built on travertine rocks.

 
Stara Lubovna
 

Stará Ľubovňa is situated on the Poprad River 15 km south of the Polish border and 30 km east of the High Tatras. It is one of the oldest towns in the Spiš, an historic administrative county and today is the administrative capital of the district of Stará Ľubovňa in the Prešov Region. The heart of Stara Ľubovňa is the square of st. Nicholas with a rectangle ground plan. The most important building at the square except of the church is Suburban house, which are nowadays serving to the Information center and gallery. Personal attention deserves the Roman Catholic church of st. Nicholas. From a hill over the city the castle of Ľubovňa dominates the city. Next to the castle there is an open-air museum,  with many houses and other buildings showing the folk architecture of the region.

 
Strbske Pleso
 

A tourist settlement with the highest elevation in the High Tatras. It is situated in the southern bank of the mountain-lake. Originally, the first cottage was built there in 1872 and it was a founding point for the tourist centre Štrbské Mountain-lake. The settlement was officially recognized for „healing spas". The hotels Hviezdoslav and Kriváň were built as the last in 1906. After the World War 2 hotels were used as asthma sanatoria. In 1970 when it was necessary to prepare the area for the Winter Ski Championship, new modern accommodation and boarding facilities were built up. At the same time, new electric railways (the railway from Tatranská Štrba), communication services, stores, and ski-lifts in Mlynická Valley were built.

 
Spissky hrad
 

The castle Spišský hrad belongs to the biggest castle complexes in the middle Europe and it was placed on the List of the world cultural heritage UNESCO. History of the castle Spišský hrad has begun since 11th century to 12th century.  The upper castle is the most valuable part of the castle. There are original Gothic and Rennaisant living buildings of possessors and users of the castle modified into today’s sight-seeing planes. Behind the Gothic chapel from 15th century, there is the most valuable part of the castle, massive, originally three-storied Romanesque palace that was Gothically rebuilt in 15th –16th centuries.

 
Presov
 

Prešov is situated on the confluence of rivers Torysa and Sekčov. On the eastern side it is surrounded by mountains Slanské vrchy and the upland Šarišská vrchovina surrounds it on the west. Prešov is the third largest city in Slovakia.  The dominant of the city is the Cathedral of St. Mikuláš. This cathedral was built in 1320 on fundamentals of the original church. To the historical monuments belongs also a medieval town hall. In present there also settles the unique Wine Museum. The Caraff panopticon, ending of todays´ town hall, is a building from later gothic period from the beginning of 16th century. It is on of the few well-preserved gothical monuments in Prešov.  Neptune´s fountain is the only original town cistern that is well. Prešov will be impress visitors by many other historical sightseeings. Admittedly, Prešov is not just an administrative centre of Saris region, but also a cultural mekka.

 
Krakow
 

Kraków is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Situated on the wisla River in the Lesser Poland region. Kraków has traditionally been one of the leading centres of Polish academic, cultural, and artistic life and is one of Poland's most important economic hubs. The city has grown from a Stone Age settlement to Poland's second most important city. In 1978, Karol Wojtyła, archbishop of Kraków, was elevated to the papacy as Pope John Paul II – the first Slavic pope ever, and the first non-Italian pope in 455 years. Also that year, UNESCO approved the first ever sites for its new World Heritage List, including the entire Old Town in inscribing Cracow's Historic Centre.

 
Kosice

 

Kosice is  the metropolis of Eastern Slovakia, the second largest city after capital Bratislava . Lying in the valley of the River Hornad in the basin that shares its name, Kosice is a regional administrative centre and Eastern Slovakia's hub of industry, commerce, science and culture. Kosice is a city with an eventful and illustrious past, its earliest recorded mention dating from 1230, when it is referred to as "Villa Cassa". The coat of arms is the oldest in Europe, a fact attested to by a letter dated 1369. The city's historic sights - from various eras - are concentrated in the historic centre, which is an Urban Heritage Area. The reconstructed main street, lined by burgher houses and palaces, offers visitors a pleasant stroll and is also the venue for major events in the life of the city.

 

For more information send email or call us: